Wellbeing for All
This term we are focusing on the concept of ‘Accept Who you Are’ and in Wellbeing Wednesday tutors will be exploring the concept of self-efficacy and how we can make positive changes to enhance our wellbeing.
Tutors will have introduced this week’s resources and outlined that:
- Some of us make people laugh, some are good at maths, others cook fantastic meals. Some of us share our lifestyle with the people who live close to us, others live very differently.
- We’re all different. It’s much healthier to accept that we are unique than to wish we were more like someone else.
- Feeling good about ourselves boosts our confidence to learn new skills, visit new places and make new friends.
- Good self-esteem helps us cope when life takes a difficult turn.
- “Being happy with who we are now means I enjoy living in the moment.”
- We should be proud of who we are. Recognise and accept what we are not good at but focus on what we can do well.
- We can work out if there’s anything about ourselves that we still want to change. Are our expectations realistic? If they are, work towards the change in small steps.
- So this term's resources are all about promoting ‘self-efficacy’
Self-efficacy is the belief that we can make a difference and have strengths we can draw on in times of challenge. It’s also a core belief underpinning motivation, and emotional wellbeing.