Post 18 Support
University, Apprenticeships and the Future
Year 12 students will, with the help of their form tutors and the Sixth Form Team, be making decisions regarding their future after leaving the Sixth Form. Some students have already decided that they will be applying via UCAS for a place in Higher Education, others are exploring apprenticeships while some will still be undecided.
To help to support parents in this vital decision-making process we held a Parent Information Evening on 15th June 2022. If you were unable to attend, or wish to review the resources again please click on the following links for more information: Information Slides - Information Booklet - Student Finance Information.
The resources cover the following:
- Reasons to apply to university.
- Alternative options to Higher Education including apprenticeships and employment.
The financial implications of Higher Education.
- The UCAS application procedure and key dates.
- Applying for apprenticeships.
- How to choose the most appropriate course, institution or employer.
- The personal statement and school reference.
- Student Finance: eligibility, how to apply and repayments.
If your son/daughter has any questions relating to researching or applying for their post-18 aspirations, they are encouraged to access the support of their form tutor who will be the primary contact point throughout the application process.
The UCAS widget is an additional link for students and parents/carers to locate important information about higher education and the UCAS application process.
Through simple and intuitive navigation, it’s easy for users to increase their knowledge of the information and advice UCAS has to offer. The content will be reviewed regularly by UCAS, so it remains up-to-date and relevant.