The Learning Resource Centre (Library)
- Monday- Thursday 8.30-4.30
The LRC is an integral part of our school community, providing combined library and study facilities with access to resources in support of student learning and reading for pleasure. It is a popular and inclusive hub that all year groups facilitate for independent study, or to read and relax in.
Professional and experienced staff support is available to help cultivate a lifelong love of reading and learning. All students have their own library account and books are loaned for a two-week period, with the option of renewal if required. (Textbooks are loaned on a longer-term basis) There is no fine system in place for late returns, however, items that are not returned do incur a replacement charge. Regular reminders are sent to students to help them manage their library borrowing.
- Diverse and regularly updated collection of fiction and non-fiction titles
- Online eBook resource
- Dyslexia friendly and vision impaired collection
- Virtual library access via Reading Cloud: book reservations and reviews can be made from here
- Wellbeing collection- Shelf Help
- Book recommendations welcomed from students
- 20 computers, A3 colour printer
- Year7 library lessons/ Lexia literacy
- 6th form independent study sessions
- Careers and higher education area
- Formal seating for study and informal comfy reading areas
- After school homework club
- Extra-curricular opportunities- reading clubs, student librarians, quizzes.