Leave of Absence Requests
Request for Absence in School Time
- Subject teachers are expected to deliver the school curriculum within a tight time scale, and the absence of students during term time has a detrimental effect on learning.
- Parents do not have an automatic right to take a child from school. Permission must be obtained in advance.
- If authorised absence is requested, details of the absence and the family’s circumstances should be submitted in writing in advance. Parents must also state the exceptional circumstances for requesting their daughter/son to take such time off school.
- If a student is kept away for longer than the period agreed the additional time will normally be treated as unauthorised. Similarly, if a child is taken away without prior written permission, this will be recorded as unauthorised absence.
- Your daughter/son will be expected to catch up with any work that she/he misses while away from school.
Any absence means that important schooling is missed. PLEASE consider the effect on your daughter’s/son’s education of time off taken during term-time.